Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Connection Between Carbohydrates, Blood Sugar And Diabetes.

The Connection Between Carbohydrates, Blood Sugar And Diabetes. 

There's a strong link between carbohydrates, high blood sugars and diabetes. Carbohydrates give your body the energy, or fuel, it ought to function properly.

There are two different types of carbohydrates; simple and complex. Simple carbohydrates are in foods such as sugar, corn or sugar sugar and table sugar. They're single-sugar molecules. Complex carbohydrates are the foods that contain three or more connected sugars. So carbohydrates create blood sugars and that is where the issues start for diabetics. Understanding more about the link can help to control your diabetes...

A Personal Experience

I'm a diabetic type 2 and, in the present time I control my blood glucose through tablets and diet. Blood sugar control is really important for any diabetic - it is the sole way of minimising future health complications; heart problems; neuropathy leading to amputations; kidney disease and premature death.

Four years ago my A1C sugar levels were starting to escape control - they weren't massively high but were creeping up. My Doctor increased my medicine - with no real satisfactory benefits, my blood sugar had been all over the area; I could go from a top reading at night and be awakened by a hypoglaecemic (low blood glucose ) in the wee hours.

I then found that the Atkins diet and, because I wished to shed weight, I started to follow the minimal carbohydrate, higher protein menus.

That is when I discovered the true connection between complex carbs, high blood sugars along with my cardiovascular disease. Suddenly my blood sugar and it was because I was not any more piling high amounts of carbohydrate, that have been pushing my blood glucose much to high.

This appeared to soar in the face of traditional advice on the right diets - complex carbohydrate loaded - for diabetes. You seeI already understood I needed to avoid sweet, sugary food - these contained simple carbohydrates. I had not realised that the complex carbohydrate of bread, potato and cereals influenced my blood glucose too.

However (there's always a'but' isn't there?) That the Atkins diet did not really satisfy me. I had constant diarrhea which was stressful and debilitating. So I came off that diet after 3-4 months and, clearly, my blood glucose started to escape control .

However, now I knew about the connection, all I had to do was locate the perfect program for me that followed the minimal carbohydrate principle.

1 comment:

  1. After a patient has had his or her first checkup, the healthcare professional should use a medical face mask in the same way that the patient had used the one. Interested to know more about medical face mask? Browse this site.

    ReplyDelete